Monday, September 14, 2015

Toon Character Design

Toon Character Design

The creation and evolution of Drodge.

Drodge Initial Design
© Jared S.
     This is Drodge. He is an alien space traveller. Drodge explores different worlds and galaxies. His favorite galaxy is the Milky Way Galaxy. He thought that all of the stars in the galaxy were pretty.
     Drodge means no harm. He just simply wants to explore different places he hasn't seen before. Drodge is a nice alien, meaning that he is quite the pacifist. Whenever he has to, he will slap a hater, but only in times when it is absolutely necessary.
     Drodge despises wasps on Earth. He got stung almost the instant he got off of his ship and ended up running back into his ship. Drodge is also very intelligent and observant. After spending about a week on Earth, he already knew that it was messed up. Like REALLY messed up. Civil wars, genocide, everything. Drodge left pretty much after discovering this fact.

Drodge T-Shirt Design
© Jared S.
This is my T-Shirt Design for Drodge. Since Drodge is an alien explorer, he is standing in front of a portion of our Solar System. Pretty sick, huh?




















I also made designs of Drodge for both buttons and stickers. This is the initial design for both of them.
Dodge Button and Sticker Design
© Jared S.





This is me wearing the button with the Drodge design on it.











Dodge Turnaround © Jared Siaron



These are my Turnaround and Model Sheet for Drodge. I expanded on Drodge's personality as an alien. I showed Drodge being happy, sad, and angry in the Model Sheet below.



Drodge Model Sheet © Jared Siaron







On this one, Drodge can be shown being happy, sad, and angry.


















These next few pictures were my first stages to designing Drodge. I started with only his face, then worked on his body. I worked on his body on the Turnaround. I then added emotions to go with his body in the sketch of the Model Sheet below.








This was what the turnaround looked like before color was added onto it.













These two sketches were taken right from my sketchbook. My pictures were too big, so I had to go front and back with it.


































No comments:

Post a Comment